Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Man Crush Monday... On Tuesday

Well since my internet decided to stop working last night, and I was too obsessed with every move Ella made, I didn't have time to worry about trying to fix it.  So, you're getting yesterday's post today.


This post is all about my favorite man.  And since he doesn't like a lot of attention on him, I'll try to keep it brief!






I loved him when I said I'd marry him, I loved him more when I married him, and I love him a little more every single time I see him with our little girl!  As I've said before, we don't have a lot of time to spend together right now (but summer will be much better!), but when I do see him, I feel like a little kid with a crush all over again.  I found myself gushing over how "cool" he was the other day.  He was installing a new light fixture in his man cave, and had crawled up into the attic to wire the light to an existing light switch.  I suddenly realized, he just somehow knew how to do this.  It might not seem like a big deal, but I started thinking of all of the things that he does around the house: electrical, plumbing, maintenance, whatever.  He's just really cool.  And I'm like the weird nerdy girl that likes to read and dance awkwardly singing into a hairbrush that he likes but doesn't exactly know why!


Anyway, when it comes to being a daddy, his cool factor goes up even more.  We have had many, many visitors since Ella Kate has come along.  People comment to me all the time about things that Kyle just does without being asked.  He anticipates needs: my needs, Ella's needs, housework needs, and sometimes his own needs.  He does what needs to be done quietly, doesn't complain, doesn't ask for help.  I get comments like "He just put a load of diapers in the wash!" and "He just put dinner in the crock pot!" or "He just changed her diaper!"  I know that we share these responsibilities, we should.  But people are so impressed by the things he does on his own, and without saying a word.  I am impressed, but I am even more so grateful.


Of course, she's his daughter.  There's no reason for him NOT to do the things that he does, but I read so many message boards about significant others that refuse to help, or complain about helping, or just leave.  So I am grateful.  I can't thank him enough, and I'm pretty sure that if I tried to thank him enough, he'd get annoyed and tell me to stop thanking him and leave him alone so he could put away the diapers (or whatever task he has taken upon himself to do)!



So here's to my man.  Ella and I couldn't do it without him, and I know he will be her first love!

No comments:

Post a Comment